MIRCI- the Mental Illness Recovery Center, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization that assists individuals with mental illness to recover in the areas of their lives impacted by their illness through housing, behavioral healthcare, and assistance with obtaining and managing their disability income.
- Representative Payee Program is a financial management program for individuals in need of assistance in managing social security disability benefits. By assisting clients with the budgeting process, in collaboration with case managers, this program ensures that benefit payments are used to meet the clients’ basic needs: rent, food, medication, and utilities. This program helps clients make informed decisions and helps prevent homelessness.
- Supportive Housing Program is a permanent housing program for individuals with mental illness. Finding safe, affordable housing is a must for individuals in recovery. MIRCI provides for that need with four apartment complexes in the Midlands. Managed and operated by a professional staff, these complexes provide a key step to stability for many Midlands residents.
- Shelter Plus Care Program is a housing program for homeless individuals and families who need intensive therapeutic services. This program provides individuals and families with the stability and supportive services needed to make the transition from homelessness to safe, permanent housing.
- Homeless Outreach Program Provides access to behavioral healthcare and entry into Shelter Plus Care and SHP Homeless Housing Programs
- Day Center Provide behavioral health services including rehabilitative psycho-social services for residents in our Supported Housing and ShelterPlus Care programs.
- MIRCI Group Homes is a housing program for individuals who would otherwise be institutionalized. The program consists of two six-bedroom homes which are staffed 24 hours per day. Staff assist residents with daily living skills such as meal preparation, medication management, and shopping trips while ensuring client safety and stability.
- Entitlement Program assists individuals entering the Homeless Recovery Center program in obtaining crucial benefits through the Federal inter-agency initiative “SOAR” – Social Security Benefits: Outreach, Access and Recovery. Benefits pursued include Social Security Disability/Retirement; Supplemental Security Income (SSI); EBT (food Stamps); Medicaid; Medicare; and VA benefits.
- Youth Drop-in Center Provides a safe place for homeless youth ages 17-24